Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Bucket List

Last night I watched "The Bucket List" and for those of you who haven't seen it, you need to. There are few too many films that really touch you and make you look at life in a different way but this is one. It stars Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson as two dying men given approx six months to live before cancer takes their lives. They create a list of things they want to accomplish before they kick the proverbial bucket and because Nicholson's character happens to be a wealthy man they can afford to make that list happen. It really is an inspiring movie that you will watch again and again.
Of course, you can't help but start thinking of your own mortality and all the important things you have yet to do but want to. Writing a list of those things is really the most personal thing you can do let alone sharing it. I started scribbling out some ideas of my own hopes but being that I am in my early twenties my list grew to an incredible size fast. There is so much I hope to do so I thought I would share my bucket list with whoever would like to read it and I would really love to hear some of the things on your lists even if it's just one or any comments you may have about my list. I encourage everyone reading this to make a list and pick one thing on it to do right now. I am and I already feel great about it. Here's my list of 60 (and growing) things I hope to do before my number is up, in no particular order:

1. Cook something really hard to make and nail it out of the park
2. Get recognized by a complete stranger
3. Be in the audience of a talk show
4. Learn another language
5. Feel weightlessness
6. Buy our very own house

7. Make love on the kitchen floor of our very own house
8. Learn to juggle
9. Do something selfless just because
10. Reach 100 followers on my blog
11. Love myself just as I am
12.Experience a Japanese tea ceremony in a kimono
13. Bring joy to stranger’s life
14. Plant a tree
15. Stand on the North or South Pole
16. Grow a small vegetable garden in my backyard
17. Travel somewhere far via train
18. Learn to waltz
19. Meet Celine Dion
20. Overcome anxiety
21. Read the bible
22. Taste authentic Italian gelato
23. Drive down an empty dirt road in a convertible
24. Write a novel I know is somewhere deep inside me
25. Inspire someone, no matter how small
26. Go to Africa and see a safari

27. Learn to change a tire
28. Ride an elephant or camel
29. Find what makes me happy in life and hold on to it
30. Make sure every person I love knows just how much they are loved
31. Spend a whole day (guilt free) with a cup of tea and a classic book

32. Live in another country for a few months or more
33. See an opera or symphony performance in person
34. Travel the world starting with my country: Canada. Then visit every continent collecting soil from each place as a memento
35. Learn to sew

36. Fall in love all over again with my guy
37. See one of my favourite artist’s paintings in person
38. Feel absolutely beautiful for one whole day
39. Make love in Paris
40. Give life
41. Walk along the Great Wall of China
42. Ride in a hot air balloon
43. Get utterly and completely lost just for fun
44. Rescue an otherwise unloved animal and give it the love it deserves
45. Have absolutely anything big or small that I wrote published
46. Witness a miracle
47. Walk in someone else's shoes for a day
48. Make a stranger laugh
49. Sleep under the stars
50. Be a good mother
51. Donate my time for a worthy cause
52. Go for a walk in pouring rain
53. Become friends with my Mother in law
54. Jump and splash in a really big puddle
55. Read the great classics of literature
56. Visit a grave of someone famous
57. Throw a surprise party for someone
58. Conquer a fear
59. Take the high road in a difficult situation
60. Go on a gondola ride in Venice


Any thoughts on your hopes and goals before your time is up? Please share!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a really great list. I think I'm going to start working on writing out mine tonight. Thanks!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

After seeing this movie I too thought "what would my list be?. But I am hard pressed to get my new years resolutions underway so you can imagine how lifetime goals are lol. Mine seem to alwyas be traveling related though. I want to see Africa, Paris, Fiji, and a zillion other places. I love your blog too I am now a follower!!

recklessbliss said...

I know what you mean, I usually just avoid the new years resolutions altogether. I'm going to try to make an attempt at accomplishing one or two of these things this year though. Traveling ones are always tough because you have to save and plan and find the time. Totally worth it though ;) Thanks so much for following! I get so excited every time I see someone new has joined!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Great list!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all of your comments! Looking forward to following yours!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!