Saturday, January 30, 2010

This Pure Girl Moment Brought To You By Disney Weddings

You always hear bride's on their wedding day say, "I feel like a princess!" Well now you can be one step even closer thanks to the good folks at Disney who have created a wedding apparel line for that special day. I have to admit when I first heard about it I chuckled to myself because I pictured exploding puffy nightmares but when I checked it out I was rather surprised. The line is actually decent in terms of wedding gowns and jewelry and being that there is a line themed for each princess you have a variety of styles to choose from. However, it is certainly not cheap. The rings range from $1,200-$6000 which is no spare change but probably fairly comparative to other sets from regular stores. I couldn't find much in the way of prices for gowns but I really like that they made a corresponding line for each set containing maidens gowns, flower girl dresses and plus size gowns along with some jewelry pieces to pick from. I chose some of my favorites from each princess line and all of the weddings ring sets to show to all of you. If you and your prince charming are planning on making it official I wouldn't count these out!

Cinderella

Beautiful sweetheart neckline, a really simple gown but so elegant.

I think this was the nicest engagement and wedding band set of all the other options.

Bracelet

There were many tiaras. I'm not big on them but this one was simple and pretty.

Belle


She is my favorite Disney princess but I was really disappointed in her dresses. This was the nicest one she had but I wasn't head over heels for it. I expected more grandeur and to really play up the ball gown look.

Belle did have the best maiden gowns of the bunch, these two were breath taking.


Loving the wedding band.

This necklace reminded me of something you would see at Harry Winston or Tiffanys.

Hair pin

Ariel

A fun and playful dress. It would look adorable in a summer wedding outdoors in a garden.

Fabulous blue on this little number.


Earrings

Most dresses I see don't really need an eye catching necklace unless they're really simple because the gown speaks for itself. Simple necklaces like this are always a keeper for a little extra razzle dazzle down the aisle without distracting from the dress or the bride herself.

Jasmine

This gown looks Grecian to me, especially with the hair done like that.

I think purple is a fail safe colour for women because it looks good on everyone. This knock out plum coloured beauty does not disappoint.

Princess Blossom Dress



Aurora

This was my favorite gown. I'm in love with a capped sleeve, it's so feminine and classy. I hope I can find (and fit into!) a dress this gorgeous if I get married.

A really fun and flirty strapless tea length maids dress. This would look fantastic in an Autumn or Spring wedding.

Of course you need a "princess" cut engagement ring!

Stunning classic pearl drop earrings would pair perfectly with the sleeping beauty gown.

Snow White

Most of Snow White's gowns were a touch ho-hum but some brides love a clean simple look so these are catering to those ladies.

Wouldn't this wine coloured maiden's dress look awesome in a winter wedding? It looks like a dress you may actually be able to re-wear too!

Princess Blossom Dress


Hair Pin

Disney also makes veils to go with their line but they are not princess specific. This one was my favorite, the rest are pretty standard as far as veils go.

All of these photos are courtesy of DisneyBridal.com (Kristie Kelly for Disney by Mouawad)

 


4 comments:

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I guess I don't see the similarities between the princesses and the dresses. I suppose whatever they have to do to make money! I like the Ariel dress the best, and Cinderella is nice, too. The rest are kinda average.

Farmgirl Paints said...

That was such an interesting post. I could definitely tell the dresses that went with each princess. I have no idea which one I would choose. They did a pretty great job...even the jewelry matched the styles of the dress:)

recklessbliss said...

I totally agree that your mind doesn't go straight to Disney princesses when you look at these dresses on their own but I can definitely see where they took inspiration for some of the gowns from the styles of princesses. I guess they have to keep it within the realm of what a three dimensional modern woman would want to wear while still having Disney influences haha.

Anonymous said...

I really like Sleeping Beauty's engagement ring. Do you know where they are sold? I can't find anything on it! Great post by the way.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!