Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Earring Holder DIY Project

This is an earring holder I made for my friend for Christmas. It was fairly simple and straight forward to make. You just need a bulletin board, fabric, ribbon, fabric glue, hooks and tacs.


Supplies add up to about $20 depending on the size of your board.


You can glue the fabric down or just rely on the tacs on the top and bottom but if you want extra hold the glue works great. Be sure to tuck all loose edges under the frame.


Cut the ribbon to size for the cross length of the board then tac it down. I did ten tacs in each ribbon. If you want to do less you can but you have to pull on the ribbon tight to make sure it doesn't bunch. Make sure that you hang them far enough apart to fit your longest earrings without tangling on the earring under it.


When your done the tacs take the mini hooks and twist them into the bulletin board at equal distances from each other and you don't even need any tools! You can use the hooks to hang rings or necklaces. This is the finished product courtesy of my friend.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That turned out pretty! It would look so pretty of a dresser

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

You know, I was looking for a tutorial on something like this for my dressing room. I even saved an old cork board (the man wanted to toss it) because I was so sure I could do something fun with it. I can't wait to try this out, thanks!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Very cute, I like it!

recklessbliss said...

Thanks ladies! You could just lean it on the dresser, I considered it but you wouldn't be able to hang the necklaces from the bottom. I actually have one similar that's on my dresser leaning against the wall and I just hang earrings off it. I'm glad you guys liked it!

Amy @ Design-Aholic said...

Oooh, I like this- haven't seen anything like it yet! Good work!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Love it - very cute!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!