Thursday, November 4, 2010

Western Contemporary Office Design Scheme

image

Hello all my lovelies! I have created a new design scheme for your inspiration today that I like to call the “Western Contemporary Office.” I think about designing office spaces a lot because I would really love to have one (if I ever get the extra room). I think they’re a lot of fun to design because you can get away with more since it’s just your personal work space and therefore is really only required to please you.  This is one I’ve been dreaming up since Fall began because I’ve really been digging the burnt orange look against the dark woody browns I see every time I look outside. It has a fairly contemporary “western” style flair to it but I’ve girled it up with hits of purple, some pretty accessories and soft plush lines in the seating. If I do ever get that extra space, my office would used be for interior designing so I like to plan it with that idea in mind by using items like the drafting table you see. For the lighting above the table I took the same three pendants and hung them at different heights for some visual interest and paired it with an unconventional bar stool seating. The cow hide rug works beautifully in this space and is my nod to the western influence. I also doubled up on the same storage system to create the impression of an entire wall of storage. (Designers need tons of space for storage!) I see this unit being broken up with all sort of interesting pieces amongst the scads of designer books and samples etc. Overall I wanted to keep the room simple and functional for everyday use. Hope you like! 

Break Down:
Paint: Benjamin Moore Passion Plum, Racing Orange, Cloud Nine, Saddle Brown
Desks: CSN Office, Direct Mall
Chairs: Wainscott Wing Chair, Jayson Home And Garden, Affordable Portables
Wall Storage: The Headboard Store
Side Table: Crate and Barrel
Rug: Alibab
Lighting: Crystal Light Universe, English China Shop
Accessories: Charming Cards
Computer: iMac

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!