Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mansions Anyone?

For no reason other than I am a self admitted real estate junkie and lately have found myself cruising mansions up for sale (because I’m convinced one day I’ll have my very own and better start planning early) I would like to share with all you loyal followers some of the doozies I’ve come across. The first two mansions are my clear faves and way more my style than the crazy gold trimmed, castle-esque, Columbian drug lord looking mansions. Not that those are at all bad styles, I just can’t picture me in my sweat pants with the hole in the crotch, sucking on a big gulp while watching TMZ in those houses and I simply wont give that up for anything, not a thing I tell you! But I digress, the following are/were very spiffy and enormous dwellings up for grabs, assuming you have “Oprah” money to throw down and if you do….. can I be the Gayle to your Oprah? Please?

You mull that proposal over while we get down and decadent with our bad selves.

$16.9 Million in the Pacific Palisades California: Classic and sophisticated, just like me and my big gulp. The entrance and the kitchen are what really made me swoon. All it’s missing are a couple purdy lookin’ fellas dressed in Ralph Lauren playing polo on the lawn.

image image

image image

image image

image image

$4.75 Million in New Hope, Pennsylvania: This one is similar to the residence above in style and again the entrance and kitchen are what’s really selling me. I think I am also more partial to the exterior of this one. It’s a little more interesting to look at. This one is also $12 million cheaper than the home above which goes to show how important location is.

image image

image image

image image

$72 Million in Corinth, Texas: This is an example of a house that isn’t my cuppa tea but still I can appreciate it’s grandeur and the amount of work that would go into creating something so massive and detailed. Guess that’s why it’s price is so out of this world. Oprah, are you paying attention?

image image image image

image image

$7 Million in Atlanta, Georgia: I am digging the exterior of this home because of the incredible ornate detailing in the structure and then I saw interior photos and had to double check the location and make sure I wasn’t looking at some Russian King’s castle. Talk about first-class extravagance! The dining room is a prime example of why I couldn’t live here. I’m convinced it would self-destruct and burst into flames out of sheer disgust when I sat down with my bowl of macaroni and ketchup.

image image image image image image

$45 Million in Atlanta, Georgia: 45 mil? No prob when you consider all the small businesses that come included in that price. For a cool 45 million you get a golf course, a bowling alley, a diner, a bar and a movie theatre that seats 27 and comes complete with lobby and ticket booth. All that and no line ups? It’s a bargain if I do say so!

image image

image image

image image

image image

image image

image image

So that’s our mansion fix today, hope you had fun seeing how the rich and elite live. I’m curious, what did you love and what did you loathe? Are you a gold trim kinda person or do you flock more to the simpler styles like me? Also most importantly, have you come to any decisions on my Oprah-Gayle idea? Share your thoughts guys, I love reading them!

8 comments:

Mimi said...

i love the first 2 houses. i am like you too, i love looking at real estate, especially beautiful houses like these. :)

http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

ilovemyhouse said...

I think only in the USA houses are as big as these!No, seriously.Love them though, the first one would be my first choice but i think they have to lower the price a little bit :)) xx

Anonymous said...

You are my kind of lady hehe! The first photo is my favorite. I love the white against the lush green grass. It's beautiful and just screams money. So interesting to see a glimpse into the lives of those with bundles of cash!

Rebecca Corvese said...

Wow! These mansions totally take the cake over the one I just blogged about... lol... I love spying into other people's mansions too! It's so fun to see how the rich live. haha.. Having said that... money doesn't always account for taste... have you noticed that? :) tehe..

Becky

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm linking to this post today. Thanks! Have a great weekend. :-)

Anonymous said...

How long do you think these would take to clean?? (I think it would take me all week, only to have to start all over again on Monday). Do they come with a staff of 10??

Anonymous said...

Think I've seen the first one in Pacific Palisades before. Believe this home belongs to Conan O'Brien.

recklessbliss said...

Rebecca- I have noticed that money doesn't always equal taste and you don't typically even need money if you have good taste. You'll find ways to work whatcha got!

Julia- Thanks Julia, I appreciate that so much. I love to know people are enjoying my posts. Hope you had a lovely weekend too!

Check out Julia's awesome site "Hooked on Houses" the next chance you get everyone!

I think these would definitely be a never ending job to clean. Like painting the golden gate bridge. Just start back at the beginning when you're done! Luckily if you have one you probably also have a staff of helpers.

I didn't know it was Conan's house. He's a very lucky man. Thanks or the input!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!