Monday, June 28, 2010

Cheerful Living Room Design Scheme

comfortable living room scheme

This concept is of a simple and comfortable living room. I wanted to keep it very bright and sunny while conveying the feeling of effortless decor. The goal was to create an uncomplicated and manageable living room that was also inviting. It was important for me to make the room a place anyone could recreate by using the reliable and high quality stores most of us frequent on a regular basis. I also wanted it to appeal to the average everyday family which means kid and pet friendly with very easy upkeep. I like to start every room I do with a point of inspiration which in this case was the charming chrysanthemum rug.

The Inspiration:

companycrug

Here is a break down of how the room came together:

Benjamin Moore Paint: Clockwise from top-Pear Green, Bavarian Cream, Waterbury Cream, Straw

Rug: Sachi Wasabi, CompanyC

Throw and Pillows: Dash & Albert, Pottery Barn, Ikea

Lighting: Restoration Hardware

Coffee Table: Ikea

Couch, Chair, Console Table, Mirror, Armoire, Side Table, Tray, Drapes, Vase, Baskets: Pottery Barn

9 comments:

Shining Windows said...

love all the elements of this room. you have great taste!

Shelley said...

Hey thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my blog! That's so cool we have so much in common! Like...we both know how to creat the perfect cone shape! ;-) This post happens to be what I needed to see too. I don't know if you noticed in my pictures but I have green throw pillows on my tan couch and I have been trying to think what else I could do. I might look into get a rug. :-)

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

Gorgeous! I love every piece. That rug is adorable, I've never heard of the company before but will be checking it out for sure, you keep turning me on to new designers! Also, how is it you are so awesome at picking really pretty paint combos? Come fix my beige walls lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, this room is so pretty, the rug really ties everything together. I had never heard of CompanyC either actually but I'm loving the rug already so I can't wait to check out what else they have! You certainly have a talent for putting a room together, great job!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

This is exactly the type of vision I had in mind for my living room I just couldn't figure out where to start. Thanks for the help, I love it!
Take care,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Love the concept...can't wait to see it put together. You might want to consider pulling in some of the green from the rug in the window treatments if you are using a neutral on the walls. If you are using the Pear Green on the walls, then keeping the window treatments light will keep your fresh look. I love that rug, but I feel like you need another pattern in addition to the striped pillow.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVE that rug!!! Too cute. :) Thanks so much for the visit to my blog! :)

hip hip gin gin said...

I adore that rug!!! This is a lovely and definitely cheerful room!

Hannah said...

That is gorgeous, you have great taste. I actually just created my first "room design" on Polyvore... it's so addicting!

You did a great job putting these elements together - I think it's something that men AND women would feel comfortable in, which is what I'm having a hard time with right now. It seems like my husband doesn't like many of the more "fun" design things that I like!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!