Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spot of Tea? Pip Pip Cheerio!

I am a self-confessed tea-aholic. Tea always seems to know just what to do to make my day brighter. It’s hugs me when I’m sad, it helps me fall asleep when I’m restless, it wakes me up when I’m groggy, it makes books more enjoyable, it makes annoyances more tolerable and it just plain makes life pleasant. It’s always there for me when I need it.

So what better setting to sip your tea than at a tea party?

Some people have different ideas on what a tea party looks like but for me, a tea party is a celebration of women; the perfect opportunity to put every once of estrogen you have to work and unleash your inner girly girl. Polished clothes, dainty finger foods, the smell of sweet florals in your perfume and of course, elegant tea cups are all the main ingredients for a ladylike tea party.

I would like to invite you all to my blog tea party. Cream and sugar anyone?

tea teatin

teatreats flowers

teaparty2

9578-1 lanvin

daisy teamiu miu mary janeteaparty

louboutinheelsbeautiful spring veil

What are your thoughts on tea and tea parties? Is it a life saver for you like it is for me or do you see it more as something your grandmother drinks and you want no part of? If you love it like me what’s your favorite kind? I love most types but peppermint or ginger with lemon are both my absolute favs.

15 comments:

meraldia said...

Oh, I do love tea! I never drink coffee but I drink at least two cups of tea daily, My favorite? Basil and peppermint!

Liza said...

Tea is amazing. I agree with the bit about Peppermint, but I also dearly love Green tea with peach, and vanilla/caramel chai. Mmm. (:

Angelina said...

I love tea too...
I drink coffee...
but when i want to drink something else tea is my best solution...
my fav is green tea...

Moosette said...

I am not a big fan of tea - but that doesnt mean I dont love tea parties! Great pics! Love the floral tea pot and dying over those red pumps!
You have a lovely blog... I am your newest follower :-)

Jo said...

Lovely post! I adore tea!
Here's a fun bit of information: I work in film, and I recently learned that tea time is mandatory on British film sets. Their union demands it! How fantastic is that?

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

I love tea, and you my dear are a wonderful tea partner! I have strange tea rituals that take place on my mornings off! I love orange pekoe the best or a good black tea.

recklessbliss said...

Wow Jo, I want to move to Britain. It sounds like they take their tea time dead serious! I've never heard of some of the teas so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them. I'd love to try Peppermint Basil especially!

Martina said...

I couldn't do without tea and am definetely comming to your party! Have only been waiting to wear this pink dress and indulge in scones, strawberries, cucumer sandwiches and roses! Such a wonderful tradition :I wish i had a butler who'd come in with a tray each day at 4.30 ;)

Anonymous said...

I want to come to your party girl! These pictures are amazing! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

I would love to come to your tea party and accept with great pleasure! I have a little milk, a half a sugar and quite strong please! I love tea and the art of tea too. Cucumber sandwiches would be delightful! Lovely post!

Vanessa Stern said...

Hi Heidi! Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I think I will make myself a spot of tea, right now! Love your blog!

xoxo,

Vanessa

Mimi said...

hi! i loove all the pictures in this post! :D thanks for stopping by my blog. i am now a follower. :) follow me too? thanks! :)

http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love to have tea parties with friends, it always feels so special because I make that little bit more effort. Have to say Earl Grey is my favourite, its delicious and so soothing, followed by a cream cake or a cup cake!!

deliciously organized said...

I love tea! I tend to drink it more at night though...

jess said...

i love it!

lady gaga has been seen carrying around tea cups as an accessory lately too.

love the blog :) follow back!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!