Thursday, December 3, 2009

O Christmas Tree

I took a few pictures of my holiday decorating for you all to see. I tend to go a little crazy and put everything up early because I just can't wait and having an artificial pre-lit tree makes that possible (not to mention oh so simple to do). Since I live in Canada, we have Thanksgiving in October so once November comes around there are no more big celebratory holidays before Christmas (which is how I rationalize my early start). I always get a fight about it but I have a rule of thumb that when I see a Christmas commercial on TV it's fair game and I get to get out the tupperwares! I also like to put up my decor in November for the same reason I like to collect up Christmas presents year round; by December that's one more thing I can check off my holiday to do list. I want to enjoy my Christmas season and not panic and stress. And overall, who wants to put in all that time and effort for only a week or two of enjoyment for all their hard work? I want to bask in holiday cheer for as long as possible. This is actually much less decor than I normally put up but we moved into a fairly small apartment so I had to cut it back this year and leave some stuff in storage.


I decided to do a themed tree this year so I could leave some of my ornaments in storage until I have more room to spread it all out. I just brought out all my gold and white decorations this year for a more elegant look. If you look at the bottom of this post, I'll have posted another picture of what my tree has looked like in the past years with all my ornaments. I'm a bit of a Christmas tree ornament junkie. I can't ever get enough of all things Christmas.


This is my cute little electric fireplace. As you can see, I love Santas. I actually have four stockings but when I bought my stocking holders from Linens 'n Things a few years back on a huge clearance they only had two but they were fabulous so I couldn't resist. I have not since been able to find two more to match and since I rent I can't nail in my other two stockings so for now this will have to do.


Top of our entertainment unit which usually holds my Christmas Village but again trying to scale it back. There will be a pic below of the village from past years as well.


That's a tin in the background I bought knowing that the chocolates inside would be horrible but I really loved the tin.


A gold Santa and ornaments to match my tree!


A few extra stockings I couldn't resist getting. They looked really country cabin looking to me.

And now for some past decorating pictures from when I had more space to put up everything:



This is my tree when all my hallmark ornaments make it up. I know it looks fairly crowded and it is but once we buy our house I'm hoping to have two trees for the family and living room so it will be split in half. You'll notice it's also a different angel topper on this tree than my current themed one. This one is my usual topper but I had to use the gold one to match the tree this year.



This is the village that normally goes on the entertainment unit. You can't see it that well but I put down some felt for the fake snow effect first. My mom gave me this village and I love it but it's tons of boxes and stuffing so it can be very time consuming to put up. One thing that grind my gears is I can't ever add to it because today all the villages are much bigger than this one so the people looks like giants!

Let me know what you think of my Christmas wonderland!

6 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

It looks like you have a nicely sized Christmas decoration stash (I'm still working on mine). I'm loving those white snowflakes on your tree!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Your home looks so festive! Beautiful tree. I still need to put up my decorations.
Thanks for your comment on my blog! That's great you are in an I.D. program as well. I'm really enjoying mine.

micah said...

Your tree is so pretty - love the gold and white theme.

recklessbliss said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies! I got those white snowflakes at the dollar store actually which was a huge bargain. I'm really liking the gold and white too I think I may have to repeat it again; it's my first time ever sticking to a theme but it wasn't easy because I'm a bit of an ornament addict haha.

Unknown said...

Your tree is very pretty!

recklessbliss said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!