Thursday, December 17, 2009

Masculine Office Design

My husband is a Civil Engineer so he is very attracted to streamline and structural looking design. When we finally buy our first house I have an office already in mind to do all his hard work in. I worked up this mock version of the type of work space I'm envisioning for him. I would like to create something in a leather and cognac theme with hits of deep red and grey because it looks very sophisticated much like him. He loves bridges like I love interior design so the blue print art of bridges at Restoration Hardware are perfect for him. He needs a drafting table which I've provided here also from RH, as well as some comfy places to flop down. Some accessories, storage and lighting tie everything together to make this a place for deep thought and hard work. All the images below can be found at: Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Bombay, Benjamin Moore. If you have any questions or comments please let me know. I love reading your thoughts!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This room is going to look great! Lucky you, you married an engineer...you can get all your projects done with ease.

recklessbliss said...

Haha it is a good mix for us. Thanks for the compliment, it's a ways off for us right now but I wish I could put it into action and get started. Just need that pesky house piece of the puzzle :)

Anonymous said...

What colours are the paint chips from Benjamin Moore?

-MK

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!