Wednesday, April 6, 2011

“The Good Wife” House Tour

image Although I don’t have a lot of time to watch much TV I have caught a few episodes of the hit CBS show, “The Good Wife” on occasion. It stars Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick, a lawyer trying to get her life back in order after a very public scandal involving her husband played by Chris Noth. Now into it’s second season the show is doing pretty well in the ratings and I think (only because I focus on decor before plot) it may be in some small part attributed to the very attractive apartment Alicia and her daughter reside in. It has a great family oriented classic style with plenty of rich color and comfort surrounding you. So let’s take a little tour through "The Good Wife"’s set decor.
 
imageThe set decorator for the show is Beth Kushnick. She has been in this biz for over twenty five years and has a rather extensive and impressive resume behind her. Not only is Ms Kushnick talented but she also happens to write for a blog where she personally answers your questions about “The Good Wife” set decor and where to find the items that tickle your fancy. I love it when designers take the guess work out of it so if you see something you like I would drop her a line post haste.
 
imageI should also mention the production designer Mr. Stephen Hendrickson who should also get due credit for creating this beautiful set.
 
imageI read a lot and my collection of books grows all the time so when I see something as magnificent as this photo I tend to let out a little sigh. I would marry built-in book cases if it were humanly possible and/or sociably acceptable. They make me as giddy as a school girl and this apartment is overflowing with them.
 
imageI think this eggplant colored room is an interesting shock of color from its more subdued neighbors palettes in the living room and kitchen on either side. I also like that the designers went with a rounder oval table to break up all the square and rectangle shapes around it. Isn’t that botanical themed picture collage an eye catcher?
 
imageI found this kitchen to be a really interesting take on contemporary meets traditional. Dark wood tones and sleek appliances mixed with a robins egg blue adds a lot of visual interest to the room. The palette coordinates to the living room so the flow is easy going on the eyes.
 
imageI don’t think I would be brave enough to try to two-tone look in my own kitchen but that’s what living vicariously through television is for.
 
imageThis cool color palette for Alicia’s bedroom is a calm feminine escape for the hectic life of a lawyer and mom to retreat to. I love the bedding and sconces over the bed. The color on the walls is Benjamin Moore’s Beach Glass.
 
So how does this compare to your other favorite sets? Are you digging this look or do you fancy another? I’m always intrigued to hear your thoughts and comments.
 
If you would like to see more of “The Good Wife”  set click here or if you would like to see more Reckless Bliss tours of some of your favorite Hollywood sets like Modern Family, Cougar Town and many more then visit me here.





*Photo Credits CBS*

 

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Heidi, I watch the Good Wife and I love the set too!

Christy from fountains of home said...

I am deeply in love with built in bookcases as well! Those one look great. I've never actually sat through a whole episode but I might just have to for these gorgeous sets!

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

I love built in bookcases too! This is a great house tour, lots of interesting colors I would have never thought went so well together.

Anonymous said...

Set Decorator Beth Kushnick also has her own blog on http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/community/blogs/blog.php?key=4 She does new posts for every new episode!

Rod Jones Artist said...

One thing for sure, not only is Beth Kushnick a wonderful set decorator, but she creates sets that look good on camera from any angle. She has impeccable taste when it comes to selecting art.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!