Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cage’s Casa Woes

image

Actor Nicolas Cage cannot seem to get out of the real estate dumps lately. After suffering through some money troubles (cue the tiny violin here) Cage has been forced to purge and in some cases, get foreclosed on most of his homes. From what I’ve heard his Middletown, Rhode Island home is the latest abode feeling the pinch. It was originally listed at $19 million in 2005 but has since been dramatically slashed to $7.75 million. That’s close to $8 million LESS than he shelled out for the home! That’s almost as tragic as his career has been for the last few years ...ohhh low blow! It just baffles me that people with massive amounts of money like Cage can be so irresponsible with it. You would think raking in $20 million a movie you’d have no prob keeping the Benjamins rolling. Oh well, I’m giving Cage a hard time but it’s not my place to judge his fiduciary decisions ….it is however, entertaining to read about them.
image
The historic 18,825 sq ft, 4 level mansion was built in 1924.
image
 image
It sits on a 27 acre lot which includes gorgeous water views of Nelson Pond and the Atlantic Ocean.
 image
Of course the grounds come complete with the typical rich people stuff like heated garages, a pool, tennis court, fish pond and guest house.
 image
The massive stone and brick home has 33 rooms total including 12 bedrooms and 11.5 bathrooms, a dining room with seating for 14, an eat-in kitchen and 9 stone and marble fireplaces.
 image
image
The rooms feel really massive to me and lose that nice cozy feel a home should have but the detailing in the architecture is really beautiful. I love the chandeliers too.
image
This looks to be a picture of the barrel vaulted library of the home. Looks like something out of a movie. Guess he would be the man to make that happen in a home.
 image
Of course a complete gym to keep that Hollywood physique in check.
  image
This is one of the last home's Cage has to unload but for whatever reason he just can’t seem to get it sold. What do you think of Cage’s Rhode Island mansion. Is it worth the $7.75 million?

 

3 comments:

Sherri said...

What a gorgeous home, but I don't know if it is 7.75 million gorgeous! I can even fathom living in a home like that! I would need a map to just find my way around that place!! Good luck to him!

pamgalloway said...

Love the sheep on the lawn, the white peacock on the drive. Way too opulent for my taste, but a nice piece of eye candy. Nicky might have done better investing in income producting real estate.

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

I agree Sherri that place is enormous! At the same time I think I'd like having a huge cup of coffee in that kitchen and enjoying the fact that I have no neighbors!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!