Thursday, October 28, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things *Part III*

Time for a Fall instalment of “my favorite things” here at RB. It’s my favorite season so it’s tough to narrow down my typical top 12 but here it goes:
 
image
1.) “Fun Size” (aka less guilt….even after 6 or 7) sized chocolate bars at Halloween
 
ae yellow
2.) Finally getting to bust out your cute scarves, coats and boots again.
 
autumn_maple
3.) The crunch under your feet of burnt orange, squash yellow and cranberry red falling leaves
 
4.) The day after Halloween when all the candy goes on huge discount. I’d be a fool NOT to buy a wheel barrow’s worth right?
 
pumpkinspice_frap
5.) STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES AND FRAPPES! (I think I’m probably up to 50 lattes since this year’s premiere on August 31st, don’t make me do the math on what I’ve spent!)
 
6.) Hallmark coming out with this years newest ornaments. (Already bought two)
 
image
7.) Hearty Fall stews with crusty bread and a big ole glass of wine.
 
586353_f496 pumpkin1
8.) Watching Halloween specials like “The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror” every year since I was a kiddie and “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”
 
image
9.) Thanksgiving and everything it encompasses. The smells, the sounds, the tastes. It’s bliss!
 
10.) Young girls having to wear more clothes than the bare minimum because of the weather. What’s with girls these days anyways? I wouldn’t wear some of the stuff they walk down the street in even in the shower!
 
image
11.) Youngsters in adorable Halloween costumes
 
Baby-Boo-Squash-On-Plate-GTL1006-de karo-PecanPie-l
12.) Pumpkins, soft throws and warm desserts after a long hot summer.
 
What are your favorite things this time of year? Share!
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to do one of these posts right now!
Thanks!
motherhoodmusicandbeer.blogspot.com

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

Such a cute costume on that babe! I agree with all of these! I would add hiding inside on rainy days. And the anticipation for Christmas!! <3<3

Anonymous said...

I think I would like you! Love all of your fall favorites--- especially that coat!

recklessbliss said...

Why thank you, I bet I would like you too ;)
Stop by again any time!
Heidi@RecklessBliss
xoxo

Cheryl said...

I love your list Heidi! I would like to add: Rolo Hot Chocolate (pretty rich but delicious), crock pot chilli with fresh baked bread, a cosy fire, and knee high leather boots with knit dresses (my personal favourite).
Thanks for the 'heads up' on Hallmark ornaments. They are a tradition at my house, I'll be checking them out this weekend.
Happy Halloween!
Cheryl

Sherri said...

Heidi, what a wonderful list!! Have a Happy Halloween!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!