Friday, July 22, 2011

I Heart Pinterest

Print I spend a lot of time browsing pictures on Pinterest. (I’m using the term ‘a lot’ very loosely here to save myself the embarrassment of admitting how often I’m pinning) Since I made the discovery of the site it seems like there is an endless amount of inspiration and beauty available at my finger tips. I am a very visual person and I love to dream so Pinterest has become my little getaway from reality where I can gawk at some couture I’ll never fit into, fantasize about the wedding I’ll never afford, dream about the places I want to see, drool over the homes I don’t have, and learn so many new cool tricks and tips I never  knew. I thought for fun on this sunny Friday evening that I’d share some of my latest pinnings with you guys.
 
Tips and Tricks:
image I’ve got to try this!
  image   Super cute idea for a gift topper or decoration for a party.
   
imageThis is just so cute, next birthday on the calendar I will be doing this for sure!

image   Every night I pack my fella a lunch and I hate giving him the same boring sandwich everyday. This mini chart is so handy for spicing up lunch time.

 Wedding Fantasies:
image I love peonies so much. They look like pillowy floral heaven
 
image Take my pick? Really? Well alright, if you insist…
 
image I’ve always pictured my wedding as elegant and sparkly. This picture is a fairly dead-on creation of what I picture in my head.….maybe with a few guests though.
 image And of course you need an elegant gown to match the elegant reception. I adore this Reem Acra dress.

Design Love:
image Something about greys and pinks just does it for me every time. It’s hard to fight the urge to design my house as if no man lives in it.
 
image Glamor at it’s finest. This struck me as classic Hollywood.
 
imageEverything in this picture does it for me. Love the drapes and colors and lines, it’s just an all around great room.

image A touch of vintage
   
image This kitchen’s red stools reminded me a bit of the kitchen from the show “Parenthood” Check out my tour of the sets here.

Drool Worthy Food:
image Summer strawberry tart.

image Guacamole bruschetta.

image Double Chocolate & Raspberry Pavlova.

image Mint pea soup.

imageGorgeous pink cake.
 
imageEggplant fries with honey

Inspiring Beauty:
image  
image 
image 
image  
image 

A Whole New World:
imageFrance

imageJapan

imageLondon 

imageAustria

image India

image Greece
 
image New York

imageItaly

imageSouth Africa

As you can see, pinning is quite a vice for me. So tell me, do you pin? What sorts of things catch your eye and have been pinned to your boards?

*All image credits to Pinterest*

2 comments:

Amber @ fromtheseeds said...

I also heart Pinterest! I love all of the inspiration that is out there! Lately I've been pinning grey furniture and white themed kitchens!

OnePerfectDay said...

So many beautiful images!
Such great ideas!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!