I wanted to share with you a dozen things that personally perk up my day to day life. I’m sure you can all relate to a few of these little pleasures. Some of them are things that come unexpectedly, some are planned well in advanced, some are rare and thus even more precious and some are just life’s fabulous everyday simplicities that make you happy to be alive. Here’s are the top twelve things that are making me smile for this month of May:
1. Free samples at the grocery store of the thing you wanted to try but were too scared to buy. Score!
2. Going to bed and not setting an alarm. Zzzzzzzz
3. Snagging the last pair of shoes in your size.
4. Guilty pleasure TV shows…. I bet you’re thinking of one right now. Don’t feel bad, we all do it.
5. A radio station that plays a bunch of good songs in a row saving you from searching other stations. (I also enjoy singing along to said songs even when I don’t know all the words.)
6. Eating the marshmallows out of childish cereals (even more silly/fun when you don’t have children…. like myself.)
7. Watching artists take a spill during a performance. Evil I know but so satisfying to see they’re human and fall on their butts like the rest of us.
8. Getting in the car to find your mate already refuelled it for you. I love that man.
9. Catching a rerun of the show you missed but were dying to see while channel surfing.
10. When all the dishes are done for the day. Time to relax those pruny fingers.
11. Your mate telling you, “you’re worth it,” for any reason at all. Doesn’t it make you feel extra special? *sigh* I really love that man.
12. A pet sleeping so soundly it makes you yawn. Yes, that’s my bebe snoozing away and making my eyelids heavy. However, I don’t look nearly as cute as this when I sleep…
I would also love to know some of yours favourite things. What little things make all the difference for you? A specific smell? A soothing sound? Maybe something as simple as your favourite flavour ice cream? I want to hear all about your personal perks that make your day a little sunnier and keep watching for more of mine as they come.